Sunday, February 13, 2011

Packing up the garden to be ready to move.

Having spent sometime over the last few days sweating over the computer doing a business plan, I thought "basta" - enough I need some fresh air.


With that in mind I decided to start digging up and dividing some plants in my small garden here in Foiano della Chiana ready for moving to the new house it maybe a little early but with the warm weather the plant are starting to bud.

It was only when I started that I found that I did not have enough plastic pots. So I am going on a mission this week to find some more. So far I have split the large leafed sage (the fresh leaves are great deep fried in a light batter as are the young rosemary shoots). The oregano plant became four smaller plants and I have potted some self seeded thymes which I found in the gravel so I have of four of these to add to those still to be dug up. The new garden is going to be a meditteranean garden with low growing sun loving plants in gravel - rosemary , lavender, rock roses,  thyme etc as well as broom, euphorbia and fico d'india. The centre pieces will be two old olive trees I have yet to buy.So the more I can save from this garden the more I can spend on the olive tree which I know will not be cheap.

Having said I am creating a mediterranean garden I am putting in some roses which I love and also represent my English roots. The roses I ordered from the UK and are healed in in the garden here. I  am hoping the weather does not get too warm too quickly as I will have to pot them up too rather than planting then straight away as the garden which is no way near ready.

If I find more pots weather permitting I will continue tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I found some more pots today only small ones but I spent another hour digging up some more plants.The search continues tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete