Saturday, February 5, 2011

Furnishing a Home

Having sold my house in London and a holiday apartment,3 years ago now,to fund Casa Colleverde; I have as a result shipped two container loads of furniture to Italy to furnish it. I only hope everything gels once all the wrapping is taken off. Some of the furniture has been in my rented garage now for over 2 years and it has been added to during this period and the time is now getting nearer when it will all finally be unwrapped to see if it has survived without being attacked by mice or damp.

Actually to be honest I have forgotten what I have got in the garage, there are lots of boxes with numbers and descriptions, I may end up with too much furniture, paintings or photos, lets hope not. I still have to buy some big items 4 beds and matresses, 4 sofas, 4 wardrobes and some other occasional chairs and  rugs in addition i need to get some of the little things which go to making a house a home.



 Normally when furnishing a home you do it over time its not a hurried process done all at once. You spend time deliberating over what would look best on a particular shelf or in a favorite corner or you may see something particular when you are traveling and buy it as a momento. It seems to me more difficult when your home is also going to be your means of making your living and you have to make decisions relatively quickly. I am constantly having a debate with myself as to how practical a piece of furniture is, is it easy to clean and will it last. Quite often though the decision is out of my hands things self exclude because they cost too much.

In a few months time I will know whether I have made the right decisions or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment