Sunday, February 27, 2011

Breakfast anyone?

I know breakfasts in Italy are meant to be only a coffee and croissant, a few rushed minutes on your feet in a bar, but I want Casa Colleverde to be known for its breakfasts.

Breakfast should be a relaxing time and they do say the most important meal of the day, well, so it will be at Casa Colleverde  as we are or will be a bed and breakfast.

So to make breakfast a meal to be remembered I have been practicing  my baking skills.Yesterday it was some soft white rolls and walnut bread, both good. I made some white watermelon jam the other day it was ok but not a favourite. My ginger and lemon marmalade was great but it gave me indigestion; the ginger I like it but it does not like me. My efforts at crepes were passable and I am sure they will get better, as I am sure my waistline will get bigger at this rate.

Tomorrow I am shopping for the ingredients for homemade granola let's see if I can find them all. I think I will draw the line at making homemade croissants though as I do not want to have to get up too early each morning! Cappuccino anyone?


1 comment: