Monday, March 22, 2010

Traditionally Built Lady Arrives home late at night

Those who are fans of the series of novels The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency know that the chief character refers to herself as being ‘traditioanlly built’ my statue is the same and although not life size has that same comforting feeling.  ‘ The Comfortable Lady’ finally arrived home on friday night in a wooden box.
After being given the ok by the Belle Arte, having paid custom duties and clearance fees and transport  charges everything went relatively smoothly. The Belle Artes did there bit very quickly so no long storage fees and the transport company (well  the very accommodating driver)even moved the statue into the garage for me which was just as well as i manged to pull a muscle in my back closing the garage door which has laid me up ever since! Now I have to find a chiropracter. But the Comfortable Lady is at least safe and well in my garage for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment